Sunday, 5 November 2017

One Layer Christmas Cards at Stamping Sensations

Hello there,

I do hope that you're all keeping well and happy.

It's time for a new challenge over at Stamping Sensations and our theme this time is 'One Layer Christmas Cards.'  Now I now that the thought of creating something with one layer fills some people with dread but I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed making this Christmas card.



I started by stamping the base of the Inkylicious snow globe with Distress Walnut stain and painting it with Distress Tea Stain before adding the circular stencil to enable me to create the globe itself. Once I was happy that the stencil was in the right place, I used my Ink Dusters and also a sponge dauber to give it a little more detail around the edge. The ink I used to do this with was Blueprint Sketch.

With the globe all finished, it was then time to stamp my Crafty Individuals Robin in place and give him some colour using some water colour pencils.

I created the border of my card using some lovely stamps that came free with the Creative Stamper magazine last year. I've used these stamps so many times and I have to say that I love them. The colours that I've used to stamp with are Impress Olive Green and the Walnut Stain.  The red bow and berries were made using Adirondack Cranberry.

With my card almost finished now, I added my sentiment and some iridescent glitter to the base of the dome to give the impression of snow sparkling.  As this is a one layer card, I drew a fine black line using a Sharpie pen around the edge of my finished card to give the impression that the card had been mounted. I'm happy with this card turned out and I hope that you like it too.


We are generously sponsored this month by 'Tattered Lace.'


Stamping Sensations is a stamping challenge, so we must see a stamped image, sentiment or quote as the focal element of your artwork, this means: Stamping must be the central point of attention and interest.

All the details of our challenge rules can be found here

Please note:  If we don't comment on your entry it will be because it doesn't follow our theme to qualify under our rules, or because we are asked to sign in or provide additional data to comment on third part hosts such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook etc.  We really don't want to be rude but we do want to be fair to those who follow the rules.

That's all from me for now, so I'll wish you a happy and peaceful day x


28 comments:

  1. Your card proves that despite it only being one layer depth can be achieved with considered stamping Sandra, it's a super example of the style and our theme this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea for the robin Sandra. Gorgeous card.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful one layer card Sandra

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous robin and you have framed him beautifully Sandra. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Sandra, your snow globe is superb! The delightful Robin looks very happy playing in the snow x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creation and I love the way you framed the robin with the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this CI robin is one of tbe loveliest and most realistic images I have seen and you have used him beautifully here Sandra with your fabulous colouring, inking and blending, and what a great snowglobe and such pretty foliage to frame the card. A super one layer card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Sandra. Very elegant and very well designed. I love the way that it has depth in it. You have used lovely stamps to create this. Great work! Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card...a wonderful little robin and that snow globe looks very 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous creation, Sandra! I love it! I had forgotten those Creative Stamping stamps. I tend to put them away after I have done a commission and forget about them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing and so unique card! Always love CI Robin, is one of my favourite stamps and in that snow globe he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is stunning!! I love the beautiful snow globe and robin!! The colors are amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Sandra, gorgeous image of a beautiful Robin, perfect colours and background.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card the snow globe and robin look perfect together xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Sandra and I do so love that Robin! I'd forgotten those freebie stamps although I used them a lot last year, must dig them out!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful Sandra, lovely robin image and fabulous stamping and colours. I love the stamps that come with the magazine, really good quality too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation Sandra, really brilliant design and some gorgeous stamps.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So so clever and all on one layer. Absolutely beautiful and love the colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandra,
    what a very super and gorgeous one layer card.
    You sure have given the wonderful impression that it is more than one layer.
    Love the snowglobe and your robin is coloured perfectly too.
    Beautiful stamping around the edges and wonderful inking for the globe.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fab one layer card which doesn't look like it's one layer at all. Great job Sandra!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would never have guessed it was a one layer card Sandra, it's fabulous and so dimensional with the perfect shading. Added to that it has a Robin, they are my favourite bird and I currenty have a very tame one squatting in my garage!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks beautiful! The glass looks so light and earry; just perfect how you coloured it! Hope all is well, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous, love the depth you've created with your shading x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fantastic Sandra, and your border has been stamped beautifully.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a super card Sandra (I'm not one for one layer cards and get a bit out of my comfort zone with them!). You have achieved perfect depth with this one Sandra, it's absolutely perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card!! Beautiful how you made this with stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful Christmas card! The snowglobe is amazing and I love the border you created around the edge - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...