Sunday, 23 July 2017

Summer Seaside Fun

Good morning to you all and I hope that you're all enjoying your weekend.

I'd like to thank you all for the lovely comments that you've left on my recent blog posts. I really appreciate each and every one of them.

I'm here today to share with you a piece of art that I made last week. I was just having a browse through my favourite blogs when I came across this gorgeous tag by my lovely Stamping Sensations teamie Joan of Late Night Stamping. I was stunned by the sea and just how realistic it looked.

I have some acrylic paints that I bought quite recently to use with my Gelli Plate but I've never really used them to actually paint with so I thought that I'd give it a go. Using the paints definitely allows you to add more movement than when just using inks alone.  I let the sea dry and then I used a cotton wool ball and some white acrylic paint to add the sea foam on the incoming tide. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome and so I decided to add some of my favourite stamps from Crafty Individuals to complete the seaside scene.


Thank you to Jean Hardy for sharing this last week on the Crafty Individuals blog.

Many thanks for your visit today and I'll be back with you again on the 25th with a card for Rudolf Days  x


19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Sandra, beautiful seaside scene and design, love it!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that ocean is so realistic and such a clever idea. Love how you've stamped the ocean too with subtle words...will be filing that one away x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Sandra lovely seaside image and so beautifully coloured

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sandra and I have seen it over at CI already as part of a highlight of DT makes. I have to say I am greatly impressed with the sea as making waves look realistic isn't that easy but you have really achieved that here. I love the added figures to complete the scene and also the shells, banner and seagulls as finishing touches. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is gorgeous Sandra, I love the scene and the wonderful colours, the sea looks so inviting and a fabulous set of images to put into the scene, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super make here Sandra, that sea just looks like I could step in to it again (and I thought I'd gotten over my post holiday blues - you've brought them back!!!!!). A lovely, lovely beach scene - well done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing!! The water looks so real!! I love the waves!! Absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra,
    oh my word it's like looking at the beach your sea and waves are stunning and so realistic looking.
    I was definitely thinking I was on the beach.
    Love your stamped people and everything you have done to create this super card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Sandra, I am stunned by your sea but I would never attempt to try it, it would end up looking like a muddy puddle.
    Superb colouring of both the sand and the sea, a fabulous scene too. Stunning creation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sandra, the card is very beautiful. Great scene, I live this.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning beach scene Sandra, I love how you've managed to get the sea to look almost real around the feet of the children.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this one on the CI-blog and think it is so beautiful! Have a fun and sunny week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is stunning Sandra, what a fantastic scene you created with these children images.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card Sandra an that's such a wonderful effect on the sea. You've made a beautiful seaside scene by adding the children.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stunning. Love all the movement and texture you've created x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's stunning Sandra. A great scene with lovely stamps. I love what you've done with your paints. It's a super effect. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sandra. love this gorgeous card!!!the sea is perfect.
    Bravo!
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fantastic scene, so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...