Sunday, 14 May 2017

Let's Go Wild

Hello there,

I hope that you're all enjoying your weekend.

It's time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time it was my turn to choose a theme and I chose 'Lets Go Wild.'  I've had an absolute blast making this card and fortunately, I did remember to stop and take some photographs along the way, so I'll be adding this one into my 'Tutorials' page.  Let me show you the finished card:


Here's how I made it:

I started by stamping the Leopard with Versafine Black Onyx as it makes a really clear impression and I added a mask to protect him whilst I was colouring and stamping the background.


I masked off the Sun and then I used Ink Dusters to start adding colour to my background.


I removed the mask and then started to build up the colour and add some clouds over the sun to give a more natural effect.  I always start with the lighter colours first, then build up colour gradually.  As Barbara Gray would say "You can always add it but you can't take it away."


I used a Mountain Valley stencil to add the mountains; you can really see the picture starting to take shape now.


I then stamped the trees and animals.  If I'm not quite sure where I want things to be placed, then I often stamp onto acetate and move it around against the background to see where the stamp works best.  I decided to place the large tree behind the leopard to bring him into the foreground.  I love the card at this stage and it could have been left here, and maybe a sentiment added,  I think the leopard works equally as well without colour.


I coloured the leopard with inks and a little chalk, just to accentuate his nose. Finally, I stamped in the grass to complete the scene.


I'm really pleased with this one if I do say so myself and I really hope that you like it too. 

Here is a photograph of the things that I used to create my card.  There should also be some Distress Walnut Stain ink which I used to stamp the grass.


All the stamps that I've used are by Inkylicious
  • Leopard Prowl
  • Old Beech Tree
  • Serengeti 1
  • Serengeti 2
  • Whispering Winds
We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images or too many die cuts, just good old fashioned stamping, and lots of it!

We have some exciting changes happening over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this month:

Firstly, we have a brand new sponsor and it's out very own Dot of Ink Art Designs.  Dot has her own shop on Etsy and each month, she will be choosing a different stamp as the prize for some lucky random winner. Please pop over and take a look at the fabulous range of stamps stamps that Dot has for sale at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/inkartdesigns  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

Wishing you all a wonderful day x


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;

28 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sandra, such an adorable scene you have created. Love this card.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning creation Sandra and a fabulous theme, really enjoyed this one thank you.

    The Leopard is a real beauty and so lifelike and your whole Serengeti scene is lovely with the sunset - or is it sunrise, whichever gives real atmosphere. And I am totally with you on black versafine, my ink of choice when a crisp image is required.

    That BG quote is one I also never forget and always tell my ladies in class and at demos.

    Happy Sunday and thanks again for a super theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scenic stamping and this is a great example. The ink work is superb and the African vibe perfect for the Wild theme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great step by step here Sandra and that leopard sure is scary - I wouldn't want to be there with him on the prowl!!!!! Well thought out as always, well done you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Sandra, and a great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra, you card is so beautiful, I love it. A beautiful scene you've captured and such beautiful soft colors. Great!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Das ist ein Meisterstück, eine excellente Arbeit.
    Wunderschön hast du die Szene getroffen.
    Farben und Style einfach großes Kino.
    Eine tolle Karte.
    Einen schönen Sonntag wünsche ich dir noch
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Err..like WOW, as they say. This is fabulous AND you know where York is!! I'm well impressed.
    Love
    Maggie (Yorkite)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing how you made this. Wonderful scene, so atmospheric. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous scene Sandra, that leopard is beautiful , love the colours and the depth

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Sandra, love this one. Just finished mine but not a patch on this.xx
    Thanks for you steps and inspiration.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous Sandra I love your scenery cards and thanks for tutorial
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandra your card is amazing and you've created a fabulous scene...and thank your for your tutorial

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card Sandra, it's such an amazing scene, loved seeing the process pictures.
    Wonderful choice of colours too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Sandra, I just love your leopard such a beautiful creature, love the colouring and how you have created such a beautiful African scene..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wild and wonderful x Great scene that you have made and the stamps are glorious x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally stunning creation, what a fabulous background and some gorgeous images. You are very clever.
    Sorry if I have not commented during the past 10 days but I have been on holiday.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic scene Sandra, love this Leopard and fabulous colours.
    Thank for your great tutorial.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is stunning!! What an amazing scene!! I love seeing how it came together!! The colors are gorgeous!! I love, love this!! Amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. This scene looks so realistic Sandra. And that leopard is so mesmerising! The masking really makes him stand alone. Thank you for choosing such a wonderful challenge theme.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your design is amazing, just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It certainly is a stunner . . . and very useful to see a step-by-step on how it was created. Very inspiring.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning design.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should be ever so pleased with yourself, this is incredible!! Your inky techniques always impressxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful stunning scene! Thanks for showing how you work with the dusters; I'm slowly starting to use them and it gives such a beautiful soft "flow"and blending! You used them here to perfection! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  26. A wonderful scene ! I am going to follow those lovely elephant stamps, I have been looking for a nice elephant stamp for ages x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandra,
    nearly missed this super gorgeous card as I have been away from my blog for a few days.
    This is awesome and so beautifully created.
    Superb inking and stamping as always.
    I love this awesome card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful scene, love it. Thanks for admitting your creation to our challenge at the CRAFT STAMPER MAGAZINE blog.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...