Thursday, 11 May 2017

Destination Unknown

Hello my crafty friends,

I'm here today to share this card that I've made with one of my new sets of  Invisible Image Stamps, which I'm loving, especially the 'Stay Wild' set, which I will share with you at a later time.  I wasn't sure what direction this card was going to go in but I'm happy with the outcome and I really like the colours for a masculine card:


My background was made using Memento Morocco, Distress Mermaid Lagoon and bleach.  I dabbed the ink onto my craft mat and then spritzed it with water before picking the ink up on the card.  The beach then lifts a little of the colour off.  I stamped the title and then the paper aeroplanes before adding the other words. Next, I stamped the planes again, fussy cut them out and then added them with a little shadow to give a little more dimension.  I joined them altogether using a fine liner before finishing off the words with a white highlighter pen.  There was still something missing at this point, so I took a small plastic cap and stamped some rings using Versafine Black Onyx and white acrylic paint. 

The sun is shining and my garden is calling for some attention so I'll leave you for today but I'll be back on Sunday with my card and a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Wishing you a happy day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Visible Image May Challenge - Express Yourself

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! The colors are amazing!! Fabulous design, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    such a very great card and your background inking is awesome and very beautiful.
    Love those wonderful stamps and your designing.
    Great idea the circles.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the colours.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of the background, puts me in the mind of jasper and turquoise stones. The paper aeroplanes are genius and suit the wording perfectly. My garden will have to wait until the weekend, we had some rain overnight and had a warm day so the lawn is growing before our eyes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is fab! You're always so creative!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card design Sandra, brilliant make for a male.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sandra, this is one explosion make. Love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours on your background and your layout and elements are perfect for a masculine card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the feeling of movement in this card. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOh this is nice Sandra, lovely colours, BRILLIANT stamps (must say, I do own most of Visible Images stamps but not this set!) - this is right on trend, love it! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...