Thursday, 13 April 2017

Chocolate Baroque Take Two

Hello there,

I hope that you're all looking forward to the long Easter weekend.  I'll be spending much of it with my Husband, Children and Grandchildren, so aren't I the lucky one and I hope that you'll all be doing something that makes you happy too.

I'm here today to share with you the second card that I've made for the colour challenge over at Chocolate Baroque.



I started by dusting over some white card using Memento Pear Tart and Lulu Lavender and then used the same colours again over a Harlequin stencil. Next, I stamped the flower from the Chocolate Baroque 'Wild Meadow' set with Adirondack Cranberry and then I painted it using the same ink.  I used the ink on sponge daubers go go around the edge of the card to give a greater depth of colour.

Having got to this stage, I realised that I hadn't yet used the forth colour in the challenge.  The card that I created was quite subtle and I thought that adding another colour at this stage would probably spoil it, so I decided that I would mount my finished card onto Kraft card...problem solved and I actually quite liked the look of it once I'd got it all mounted.

I'd also like to enter this card into the following challenges:





22 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sandra, the colours go so well together. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the background and the colors!! The flower stems are so beautiful!! What a fabulous card this is!! I love it!! Happy Easter to you and your family!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the background! Wishing you a very Happy Easter weekend with your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra,
    what a very beautiful card and your inking is super and gorgeous.
    Lovely stamped image and beautiful work as usual.
    Have a very lovely Easter weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft harlequinpattern and the soft colours on your background! A beautiful spring card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crisp deep red flower against that delicate background. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sandra, the colours are fabulous and it looks perfect mounted onto the kraft card. Have a great easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sandra, love the colours and that lovely stamp

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card with a lovely background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Gorgeous inking!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous background and a really lovely image, super card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Sandra, beautiful background and colours, love the stamp.
    Have a Wonderful Easter.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty bright and cheery Spring creation Sandra and I always love harlequins, a perfect entry for CB this month, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge as well.

    Hope you have a good Easter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra, thanks for another fabulous entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. A beautiful background using some of my favourite colours, and one of my favourite stamps too for the main image. Good Luck, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Sandra, lovely background and a beautiful image love the strong colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Sandra, love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that background is gorgeous and sets the focal image off a treat. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just trying to catch up following my holiday! This background is great Sandra and you've really embraced it well from the colour swatch. This background sets the whole piece of artwork ready for that wildflower to go on. Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful spring card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW gorgeous card. Great stamping and colouring. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...