Friday, 2 September 2016

NUBUS September 16

Hello there, and welcome to my new followers too.  Thank you for joining me on my crafting journey.

I'm here today with a card that I've made for the lovely Darnell's NBUS challenge. I was hoping to meet up with Darnell on her recent trip to the UK but unfortunately, due to our own holiday plans, this wasn't possible, although I did enjoy reading about her UK Roadshow :)

As many of you may have read in an earlier blog post, I was so lucky recently when I won four new stamps and a stamp set from Crafty Individuals and this card was made using their 'Home Sweet Home' stamp.


I masked each part of the card off individually before adding colour to each section.  For the background, I spritz my Ink Dusters before using them with Memento Dandelion, Distress Carved Pumpkin and Adirondack Mountain Rose to give a greater depth of colour.  As it's a New Home card, I wanted to give the card a warm and cozy feel, and the background reminds me of flames on a real coal fire.

I am also entering this card into the Crafty Individuals Challenge which has just started. I hope this will still count as 'Clean and Simple' as I haven't done anything but colour the stamp. As it's a collage stamp, there is rather a lot to look at, so I will probably make another entry that fits the brief a little better!

That's all for now but I hope to add a new post sometime over the weekend with more of the Inkylicious August samples. So until then. Take care and be happy :) X

21 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sandra and ideal for a new home card, it gives the warm feeling that you wanted to achieve very well. I like how you coloured the base of the card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sandra, die Karte ist dir außerordentlich gut gelungen.
    Ein schönes Motiv.
    Viele Feinarbeit, man sieht es an den Details.
    SUPER!

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Clarity win Sandra. You've certainly put this stamp to good us. Your card is beautiful and very welcoming looking. Perfect for a new home card. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Love the images and patchwork design!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super masking and inking Sandra and the image has a lovely homely feel to it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Sandra and the lovely warm colours make it perfect for a new home card. Congrats on the win.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra,
    another of your brilliant designed cards.
    I love this super design, and the wonderful and superb inking used.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful image!! You've colored it perfectly!! What a beautiful card this is!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card Sandma! You've certainly done justice to that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made a beautiful card with this stamp Sandra, great for a new home welcome! Loving the colours you have used and it works so well with the warm background. Thanks for joining us in the Crafty Individuals September Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design Sandra, gorgeous image and beautiful colours.
    Congrats on your win.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my sweetie I adore this to bits I absoulutly love this hun love the stamp and as always you have shown it off to perfection love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you masked off each area to colour. So very pretty and love the stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, too, that things didn't work out for us to meet, Sandra. I'm so glad you enjoyed my travel posts! You did a really awesome job on this warm and cozy card made from your winnings! A lot of care and love went into making this! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not such an easy stamp to make something special with, but so well done! Great job Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely CAS treatment for this busy image!
    Don't give up on your brayer, try the Kaleidacolour inkpad, brayering is much easier with this as you only have to ink once for the whole background. I use a silicone mat to ensure my brayer is uniformally inked before going to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have made a very beautiful card with this stamp Sandra!!
    I followed a bit your steps, mine given as sample for the challenge is quite similar.. I think this collage stamp so pretty is perfect colored by parts, and well deserves a good playtime at finely coloring some details :)
    Thanks for joining us in the Crafty Individuals September Challenge, good luck! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Sandra. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a lovely card thanks for joining us at CI, one of my favourite stamps
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...