Sunday, 14 February 2016

Sunrise/Sunset

Hello there my crafty friends and passers by.

Before I start today's post, I would like to say a big 'Thank You' to all the kind people who sent their good wishes in reply to my last post, it really meant a lot. I'd also like to thank my wonderful friend Ruth, who sometimes takes a sneaky peak at my blog; for her steadfast friendship and support. Ruth, you're a star :)
I'm very pleased to say that my Husband is so much better now, thanks to the wonder of antibiotics.

I would also like to welcome my new followers: Laura Holland, Princess Nettie, ShazInOz, Barb Williams and LinzAd. Thank you for joining me on my crafting journey :)

Right then, on to business!  It's time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time it's my turn to choose a theme.  As I was thinking what topic I might use, I looked out of the window and saw the most amazing sunrise and so that was it...... Sunrise/Sunset.

For my own piece, I decided to do a scenic sunset and here it is:


I created the background by masking off the water and the sun and then creating the sunset.  Once I was happy with the colours, I then masked off the sky and created the water.  I tried to reflect the colours in the sky and then spritzed a clean Ink Duster and dragged it accross to give the water some movement.  This tends to work better on silk art card as it doesn't dry quite as quickly as when using matt card.  Once again, when I was happy with the water, I then stamped my scene with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

I used the follwing inks to make the background:
  • Adirondack - Butterscotch
  • Adirondack - Peach Bellini
  • Adirondack - Mountain Rose
  • Adirondack -Denim
  • Memento - Lulu Lavender
  • Impress - Old Rose
All stamps used are by Inkylicious

You don't have to limit yourself to scenic cards, you might want to do something abstract using sunset colours, so the world is your oyster.  Get out your stamps and inks and let's see what you create.  Please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.
We are, as always, sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will recieve a $20 vouscher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team, so I'd really love you to join me in this challenge and I look forward to seeing your amazing works of art.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

32 comments:

  1. A beautifully tranquil scene Sandra and if I'm not mistaken several Inkylicious stamps which I bought at the show a couple of weeks ago but yet to ink up.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning scene. Beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful scene Sandra, your choice of colours are so realistic and the reflection on the water is perfect. Makes me wish I was there
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous scene you have created... Stunning colours....Sandma..
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Happy you are both better.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card Sandma I like the soft colours
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a tranquil and beautiful card. Your colours and blending, are as always gorgeous. Thank you for explaining how it was done and thank you for the inspiration. Those stamps are fabulous and even more so in how you've used them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Sandra, love the scene you have created. Glad to hear your husband is on the mend

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sandra, your card ist so beautiful! Fantastic scene and colours. I love it.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear that things are looking better for you both.

    Such a beautiful card for your debut challenge theme Sandra and very soothing to look at. Love all the stamping.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunningly gorgeous card, Sandma! The sky looked a bit like that here a short while ago, but with the odd eggplant cloud in it! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra, I'm so pleased to hear that your Hubby is now much better. I hope you're taking care of yourself too.

    Your card is so beautiful. You certainly go get some amazingly smooth and pretty backgrounds to your work. I love the silhouette image too, What a lovely scene you've created. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always admire cards like these Sandma, I'm sure mine would look like the dogs dinner lol! Gorgeous scene, love the sunset. Thank you for your lovely comment earlier. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandra, sorry to hear your hubby has been poorly but glad to hear he's on the mend now. Fabulous choice of theme and I love your card. It really is a tranquil scene and beautifully inked and stamped
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous scene card you have created Sandma, beautiful shades and stamping.
    Glad to hear you husband is on the mend.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so relaxing to look at Sandra...I could just keep looking, so peaceful. I love the water effect too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Sandra so very sorry you've both been so unwell, pray it's gone for good with the use of antibiotics fir dear hubby.
    Thanks fir the welcome, and wow, what a great card, your colouring is just superb. Love the Stamps, have most of them but not the bulrushes as we call them here. :)

    Yessss, summery morning spent on the beach today with my sisters ... Am very very blessed.
    Love to send you some, ;)
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a fan of your scene's! This one is a stunning one too!
    And glad to hear your husband is getting better!
    Have a fun and sunny week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous sunset scene, stunning. Good that your husband is feeling better. It will take time as pneumonia leaves you feeling tired. I've been worried about a couple of family members as well, it's been stressful. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. ps.. thank you for your kind words at my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous picture, and hard to believe it is stamped. I am glad your hubby is starting to feel better - that must have been a shock for you both, to have him so poorly. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Yes, the little kitties took ages to cut out, but I did it while relaxing on the recliner watching TV, and I quite enjoy fussy cutting - it's quite therapeutic! Thank you for your kind words about my journal page, which I am quite pleased with so far. I probably won't have much time this week to do further work on it, but keep an eye on my blog to see its completion!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely sunset, there is still some carrot cake left but i think you are a bit too far away to have any perhaps I can eat it for you ggggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are both on the mend. What a gorgeous card - I love looking at your scenic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card Sandma, you have created a stunning scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous scene, Sandma, so beautiful and serene! It could almost be the loch near where I live! I love the soft colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    PS.I thought I was following your blog, it seems I wasn't. I am now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow Sandma - this is stunning inking and a beautiful scenic card - love this - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Sandma, this is just stunning!! Your imagery is beautiful, I would just love to go to this place for a summer vacation and relax on the water! WOW!! Well done my friend. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow what a gorgeous scene.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it! Such gorgeous gentle ink blending. Love it, clever lady! I hope you hubby is starting to improve now huni Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I only wish you would be an follow me by email thingy on your blog so your post would come straight to my mail box!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow - what a beautiful scene you created - this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...