Sunday, 11 October 2015

Blue Christmas

Hello my crafty friends, I hope that you've all had a lovely weekend.

I'm here today to share with you a card that I've made for 52 (Christmas) card throwdown.  Their theme this time is a colour challenge to use blue or purple and a metallic colour.  I think that blue works really well on Christmas scenes and so this was my choice.

I started by masking the moon and hills with acetate and then sponging them with Adirondack Denim.  This is the only colour that I've used  on this card.   Once the hills were in place, I then stamped in the trees and log cabin.  The stamps that I've used are by Stampin Up, Lindsay Mason and Inkylicious.  I finished the card by adding silver peel off stars to give my metallic element.

I'm also entering the card in the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. It's amazing, Sandma! Beautiful landscape! I must try masking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Sandma, I love the scene you created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning! Such a wonderful landscape. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique paysage Sandma, chic et sobre , merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely winter scene, beautiful colours

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene you have created Sandma.
    Hugs
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect winters scene Sandra and you have achieved nice depth between the rolling hills.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Full of WOW FACTOR!! I love that you used just one color and how you did the hills and the moon. This one should be framed. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Masking Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful monochromatic scene,, great touch with the shiny stars.
    Christine A

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful winter scene - great use of the masking technique. Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous Christmas card Sandma, you have created a wonderful scene and it looks beautiful in the blue and silver.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right; the colourcombination works perfect for this scene! Great scene again; love how you keep it subtile! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful scene! I'd love to get a Christmas card like this in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow so stunning.your winter scene is fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...